5 June 2009

Pizza and a flick


"Home" by Yann Artus Bertrand was on tonight so we phoned for pizza and I hopped on the Yuba to go and pick them up. Zero carbon pizza, well almost...
I arrived back and was in time for the start of the film, which to be honest I found a little flowery and poetic in language, but worth watching and very hard hitting with it's message, with fantastic images of the planet and how we are destroying it. Can't really argue with the man.


I was handed a political flyer from a major party on the way out and the environment is really a secondary after thought for all of them, something trendy to keep the youngsters happy without actually doing anything of course. It will be intresting to see the European election results this weekend to see if mentalities are changing as people tend to vote outside of the box to push big ideas (if they have any...) rather than for local representation of a certain flavour. As Europe is aging and the older people on these shores seem (IMO) obsessed with insecurity, immigration and the money in their pockets, I have my doubts. I hope the rest of my fellow Europeans don't follow the Dutch example.
I will keep on pedaling my Yuba... and getting funny looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment